[birdky] Question

  • From: ppkdrn@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 12:46:22 -0400

Is it too early in the season for a Carolina Wren fledgling?? I had a very
small bird go to several of my feeders yesterday but never got a good look at
it.? Today it was back and went to both seed and suet feeders.? It landed
briefly in a tree and while I was trying to take it's picture, an adult
Carolina Wren showed up and seemed to be "with" the little bird.? I still don't
ahve a very good description except this bird is small, not much bigger than a
RT hummer and it is brown in color.? The beak looked long and curved like a C
Wren.?

I am trying to stay more vigilant in hopes of getting a better picture but in
the meantime, I guess the adult wren showing up with it made me wonder if it is
a fledgling?

Paula
Bardstown