[birdky] Re: Question

  • From: "Carolyn Burnadet" <carolb123@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 01:41:30 -0500

Just one more update for the moment.
I believe now that I have been describing 2 different birds that I've seen
in our yard, and one of them I am sure is a Brown Thrasher.  We got a good
look at him today and he looks just like the pictures I've seen on the
Internet.  He is the one we've seen running.  He came under some bushes in
our full view, except for some shade there, and he was stirring up leaves
and grass for nearly 10 minutes before he took off.  There were robins and
doves and all kinds of sparrows along with blue jays and cardinals today.

The Brown Thrasher is similar in some ways to the first bird I described,
but the first bird's feathers were not as dark as the thrasher and his chest
is totally different.  Also the eyes of the first bird were not intense
looking like the thrasher.

We think we saw 2 Brown Thrashers today near each other.  Though there were
quite a few varieties of birds in our yard we did not see the soft-looking
tabby-orange bird I first described today.

I hope I'm not being a pest to anyone; birds are becoming more and more
interesting to me.  Thank you all for your advice.
Carolyn