[birdky] Re: Question

  • From: "Carolyn Burnadet" <carolb123@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:02:05 -0500

Thank you everyone for you suggestions.
So far, I do not believe it is a Brown Thrasher, though it is somewhat
close. The breast spots are too dark, and the eyes are not right, and the
pictures I saw show different colors on the tips of some of the wing
feathers.

It is not a Towhee or a female Baltimore Oriole.

I suppose it is possible that it is an albino Robin.  The only thing is, it
does not act like a Robin.  The Robin's are not afraid of us and will stay
in the yard, but this bird takes off at the slightest movement.

I am still leaning towards a Veery.  I found this photo while looking at all
of the other birds and the color of this bird is very similar, though darker
than the one I saw. I wish there were shots of the chest of this bird.  It
was solid like this on top.  I do have my camera ready in case I can get a
picture of it, if I do I'll post it.

Thank you all for your suggestions!
Carolyn