[birdky] Question

  • From: "Debi" <debi1950@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Birdky" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 10:10:01 -0500

We have a bird that has been flying around the farm and stripmine area, for
about a week.. I haven't been able to ID it, because it has caught me
unexpectedly at least 3 times.

This bird is big and white.  I thought at first it has to be a Snowy owl... but
it finally flew close to the house and I just luckily happened to be looking
out the window.  It was big and had black wingtips.  It happened so fast, that
is all I could see.

My husband didn't see it, but his first reaction to the description was a Sea
Gull.  I have noooooooo clue..
Everytime I've seen it, it just flew by so fast I couldn't even get the shape
of it!!!

I do live near the Ohio River..around 6 miles..shorter by flight, I'm sure..haha

There are Sea Gulls there..but I've never seen one hanging around here..

Any thoughts??

Thanks,
debi lucas
greenup co.