atw: Re: Fill-in field shading Word 03

  • From: Jasmine Andrews <jasminethetrainer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 19:24:29 +1000

No they're not text form fields. In the list of field types, they are listed
as Fill-in Fields. I have never used this type before. When you open a new
document based on the template, you get a series of pop-up prompts asking
for the text to enter into the fields. When all fields have been entered,
the document displays with the text from the pop-ups. I think they have been
chosen to enforce users to enter data into every required field as you
cannot get to the document without entering something (though there is
always a way around this...).