atw: Re: Fill-in field shading Word 03

  • From: Ken Fredric <KenFredric@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:50:01 +1000

Hi Jasmine,
    Not sure what is causing your problem, but here are the Print options we
have set for a document (Word 2003) that uses shaded form fields:

[cid:557383805@10062009-287E]

When I print this document form fields are not shaded, but they are shaded on
screen.
Also, found this googling your problem:

"The shading you apply by clicking Form Field Shading appears on screen so
users can quickly identify the fields they need to respond to. This shading
does not print.

To add shading to a printed form, select the form field you want to emphasize,
and then click Borders and Shading (Format menu). On the Shading tab, select
the shading options you want.

So if the shading is printing then maybe you need to look at the paragraph
above and turn off the shading in Borders and Shading for a few of the fields
and see if that fixes it for you. If it works go back and do the rest of the
form fields."
Good luck,

Ken Fredric