atw: Fill-in field shading Word 03

  • From: jasminethetrainer@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 05:23:35 +0000

Hi

Someone has passed a template to me to remove the field shading from fill-in fields.

They want it to show on-screen, but not in the printed form as it obscures the field contents when faxed.

I have not used fill-in fields before and am stumped with this one. From everything I have read on-line and in my books, this should be something that has to specifically be switched on to behave in this way. I have tried switching everything off and on but nothing seems to work.

I don't know VBA but I had a peek at the code for the template and couldn't see anything obvious. (If anyone knows of a good resource for learning VBA for Word please let me know. I already have 'Word Hacks' but it is more a compilation of tips.)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Jasmine