atw: Re: Fill-in field shading Word 03

  • From: tpdhome@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:49:54 +0800

Hi Jasmine,

One thing that springs to mind is that you could put a macro on the print function that changes the style for the fields to be minus the shading.

Another possibility is to set up the users systems (probably through a start-up macro) so that the fields are always visible (Tools>Options>View) when viewing but actually have no shading applied.

Or, you could try another way of making the fill-in fields stand out by perhaps using a heavier border and avoid shading altogether.

Cheers,
Terry

Quoting jasminethetrainer@xxxxxxxxx:

Hi

Someone has passed a template to me to remove the field shading from
fill-in fields.

They want it to show on-screen, but not in the printed form as it
obscures  the field contents when faxed.

I have not used fill-in fields before and am stumped with this one.
From  everything I have read on-line and in my books, this should be
something  that has to specifically be switched on to behave in this
way. I have tried  switching everything off and on but nothing seems to
work.

I don't know VBA but I had a peek at the code for the template and
couldn't  see anything obvious. (If anyone knows of a good resource for
learning VBA  for Word please let me know. I already have 'Word Hacks'
but it is more a  compilation of tips.)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Jasmine