[AR] Re: Solid propellant regulation questions

  • From: "Anthony Cesaroni" <acesaroni@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 19:51:46 -0400

W. Schultz wrote;

"Model and high power rockets, including igniters, are expressly exempted from
the USML. Which references NFPA 1122 and 1125."

That is correct. My understanding of the question is however, what about the
ones that are on the USML and/or are regulated by the BATF that are on the
explosives list.

FWIW, I'm a principal committee member on the NFPA that writes those codes.

Best.

Anthony J. Cesaroni
President/CEO
Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace