[argyllcms] Re: A beginner's questions

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:49:45 +1100

Luud Heck wrote:

Did you try Argyll on Windows? I did yesterday (Win XP) and the
profile it generates there is also much darker than the one generated
with the Colorvision Software. Might Argyll have the same problem with
ATI on windows as on Linux?

What cards are best used under Linux to do the color management?
Should I consider NVidia?

In terms of the X server, Intel seems best supported at the moment,
with ATI/AMD coming a close second - BUT - I haven't personally
checked how the different drivers stand with regard to VideoLUT
access. Certainly Intel is the most advanced with regard to
RandR 1.2, which (when the Argyll utilities get around to supporting
it) should give the best multi-monitor calibration support.