[argyllcms] Re: A beginner's questions

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 21:32:14 -0600

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 02:03 +0100, Stefan Döhla wrote:

> once you have a valid profile for your display (e.g. created with the
> colorvision software) you can use fglrx_xcalib -which is a version of
> xcalib specifically for the ATI driver.

I have an ATI card, but I am using the Xorg supplied driver for such
cards rather than the vendor proprietary driver.  I'm using xcalib to
load the vgct tag LUT, and it seems to work fine.   Do you know
precisely what the differences are between xcalib and fglrx_xcalib.  I
glanced at the source and it seems it is compiled using different
libraries from those used to compile xcalib.  I presume there is no
reason to believe it would work with the Xorg driver.

What would be the advantage of getting the proprietary driver and using
fglrx_xcalib?