[argyllcms] Re: A beginner's questions

  • From: "Luud Heck" <luud.heck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 21:57:06 +0100

Thanks all for the feedback.

I noticed the option to create a test image with timage. This shows
the problem I'm have quite good.

I uploaded an example here: http://www.heck.dds.nl/timage.tif

Open this in a program that does NOT apply color management such as
windows Picture and Fax Viewer.

On the top you see what Photoshop does when using the profile
generated with argyll for a daylight temperature of 6500K (as this
matches what the colorvision software does). The bottom one is the
same image without any color management.

The problem is in the blocky character of the argyll profile. The
colorvision profile is much smoother like the bottom one. As is the
original profile as provided by samsung for this monitor. (I expect
the same problem is bothering me under Linux.)

Anyone even seen this before and knows what causes this?

Thanks,
Luud