[argyllcms] Re: A beginner's questions

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 00:07:22 +1100

Lars Tore Gustavsen wrote:

I'll take a look at the profiles produces by dispcal and profile
when I get home, and see if there are any issues that I can spot.

I just wonder if there are some updates on this. Is it a bug or is it
reported off the sick list.

I haven't had a chance to look into this is any detail. I got
as far as determining that there are some differences in
accuracy between the model used by dispcal and profile, but
not as far as determining whether is is to be expected or not.
I have a suspicion that this discrepancy shows up on LCD displays,
but not so obviously on CRT's.

Here is a screenshoot. As you can see the vcgt tag is pretty
identical, but the trc tags are very different from a profile created
with dispcal-targen-disprad-profile.
http://ltgustavsen.googlepages.com/dispcal-o.png

The major differences are certainly at the dark end.