[argyllcms] Re: A beginner's questions

  • From: "Luud Heck" <luud.heck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:50:47 +0100

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I haven't had a chance to look into this is any detail. I got
>  as far as determining that there are some differences in
>  accuracy between the model used by dispcal and profile, but
>  not as far as determining whether is is to be expected or not.
>  I have a suspicion that this discrepancy shows up on LCD displays,
>  but not so obviously on CRT's.

%snip%

>  The major differences are certainly at the dark end.
>
>  Graeme Gill.

Greame,

I have a feeling it might be related to the other thread in this list
"Shadow detail problem" started by Dave Wagner. It may be that the
Black Point Compensation is turned off in the manual method and on in
the automatic method. I had planned to do a test on this, but haven't
found the time for it yet.

Regards,
Luud