[argyllcms] Re: A beginner's questions

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 01:09:50 +1100

Luud Heck wrote:

I have a feeling it might be related to the other thread in this list
"Shadow detail problem" started by Dave Wagner. It may be that the
Black Point Compensation is turned off in the manual method and on in
the automatic method. I had planned to do a test on this, but haven't
found the time for it yet.

I'm not sure what you mean by "black point compensation".
There is certainly nothing like the Adobe BPC going on here.
If you mean the dispcal -k parameter, then I doubt that this
is directly involved, since it affects the calibration
curves, and the calibration is identical in the two methods.