[arachne] Re: Alternate browser usages

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 11:07:58 +1030

On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 17:24:36 -0500, Glenn McCorkle wrote:

> Sorry... I should have been more plain.

> What I mean is to run unzip.exe without the -d d:\ command line options.

Goldern it! You did say that too! And I missed it! <GGGGGGG>

> However.... I havwe a feeling that the DOS version of unzip.exe
> is still not going to do the job for you.

On the contrary it unzipped it just fine.

I sat and stared at the screen to try to catch any errors, but
all I saw was "creating", "installing" and "inflating".

But after I edited the LINUX.BAT file to reflect the location of
it all, and then tried to boot, I got a lot of
  INIT: cannot execute "/sbin/agetty"
and the occasional
  INIT: Id "c*" respawing too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
where * was variously 1 to 6.

The system would then pause for some time (5 minutes?) and
restart with the same errors repeated.

I tried to Ctrl-Alt-Del, but it responded with
  INIT: cannot execute shutdown

Eventually I had to do a hardware reset to break out of it.

I'll keep trying... it may sort itself out eventually.

I also ran UNZIP.EXE to reload it on the Win computer (after
deltree-ing the Linux directory) and it also unzipped without
error. On booting it started up alright.

.   ,-./\
.  /     \     from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
.  \_,-*_/     "Queen City of The South"    34:55 S  138:36 E
.       v