[arachne] Re: Alternate browser usages

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 13:18:36 +1030

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 18:14:30 -0500, Glenn McCorkle wrote:

> Try unzip.exe instead of pkunzip.exe
> example command line....
> c:\arachne\unzip.exe d:\zipslack\zipslack.zip -d c:\

I copied UNZIP.EXE from C:\ARACHNE to D:\ and executed
  unzip.exe zipslack.zip -d d:\
since I want it installed on the D: disk. The result was

  Warning: TZ environment variable not found, cannot use UTC times!!
  Archive:  ZIPSLACK.ZIP
  caution: filename not matched: -d
  caution: filename not matched: d:

> If that still does niot work... you'll need to free-up some conv memory.

I rebooted with F5 to bypass CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT and
checked with mem /c that the memory was clear. Then I tried
again with both PKUNZIP.EXE and UNZIP.EXE.

Same results.

I also tried changing the D:\ at the end to C:\ to see if either
PKUNZIP.EXE or UNZIP.EXE would install to the C: drive, but I got
the same error messages.

> It's that 1st 640kb that's the problem.

MAPMEM shows 58,208 bytes used for DOS, 4,960 bytes for COMMAND
and 592,112 bytes free. I can't get it lower than that.

Ron Clarke suggested that the problem was that PKUNZIP was trying
to unzip it as a FAT16 file, and that was the reason for the
error messages. He sent me CWSDPMI.EXE which he said should be in the
path when PKUNZIP.EXE is run, so it can unzip as a FAT32 file.

I put it in the same subdirectory as PKUNZIP, and added that
subdirectory to the path but it made no difference.

Then I copied PKUNZIP and CWSDPMI to the D: root directory where
ZIPSLACK.ZIP is currently stored and ran everything from there,
but got the same error messages.

.   ,-./\
.  /     \     from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
.  \_,-*_/     "Queen City of The South"    34:55 S  138:36 E
.       v