[arachne] Re: <Alt+E> Problems

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 08:35:57 +1030

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 20:24:39 -5000, Eric S. Emerson wrote:

> Greg M,
>     That there are Arachne compatibility
> problems with Freedos has been a known fact for
> some time. Whether specific issues are documented
> I do not know. I am not familiar with Freedos
> myself and I have never used it...unless....
> it could have been on some bootable floppy
> of some program that I used.

Yes, it is obvious now that it is a rather special case.

I thought it was one of the DOSes that our regular readers were using
and as such had previously been tested with Arachne.

I find it hard to remember what particular DOS other people have
mentioned in passing as the one they were using.

In the case of FreeDos, I was obviously wrong.

Ah, well, ya can't win them all.

Do you or anyone else want to try PUSHDIR and POPDIR? It would be
interesting to see whether it works with other DOSes.

I will email the zip file to anyone who requests it.

.   ,-./\
.  /     \     from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
.  \_,-*_/     "Queen City of The South"    34:55 S  138:36 E
.       v