[arachne] Re: <Alt+E> Problems

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 12:35:35 +1030

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:15:25 +0000, Udo Kuhnt wrote:

> the command to switch to drive D is simply D: , the command to switch to
> the directory \arc on drive D would be CD D:\ARC , but D:\ARC\ is not a
> valid command in any DOS version I know.

Which DOS versions do you know?

Did you try it in them to see what happened?

I did in the one version I use, and it worked _exactly_ the same
as entering D:

> I guess you hang around too often in other OSes so you got confused. ;-)

Guess all you like. You would be wrong.

I use only one DOS, and I'm not confused.

Let me suggest that you stop guessing and do some experimenting.
Then YOU wouldn't be so confused.

There is no point in arguing with _me_ about whether "D:\ARC\" is
a valid command or not.

You should be take it up with the person who is responsible
for writing DOSSHELL.BAT to use _exactly_ that type of string as a
command.

As far as I am aware, Arachne was tested under many different
DOSes before it was released, and that testing included the Alt-E
function and its return to Arachne.

.   ,-./\
.  /     \     from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
.  \_,-*_/     "Queen City of The South"    34:55 S  138:36 E
.       v