[arachne] Re: A190 DOWNLOAD PROBLEM/IDIOSYNCRACY

  • From: "Glenn McCorkle" <glennmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, arachne4dos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 18:27:15 -0500

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 01:02:38 -0500, Brian C. Murphy wrote:

> It would be still less confusing, Glenn, if f2 simply saved the file by its
> posted name to the download directory.  Maybe for those who want it to go
> to cache first or only, there could be a provision in Arachne.CFG that
> would enable a user to make a firm choice in Arachne.CFG that would always
> work the same.

That is exactly what she does and what she has always done.

I guess I did not make myself clear in the previous messages,
when I spoke of what happens by default

When we press F2, the download directory and the filename will
already be in text entry field of the F2 save as page.

Simply pressing the enter key or linking to the save button
then saves a copy of the downloaded file into the download directory
with that name.

If however, we would like this aparticlar file saved somewhere else with
some other name.... we have but to alter the contents of the text entry
filed as we see fit before pressing enter or liniing to the save button.

I als omust have not made myself clear about all files going into the
cache diriectory 1st and the having the option of saveing them soemwhere
else. (be it to the download dir with the defauklt name or to somewhere
else with a dfifferent name)

All files downloaded from the web, no matter what they may be,
(html, zip, jpeg, gif, mpg, mp3... etc...etc), have always gone into the
cache dir first.

If you would like things to go back the way they were before where the
save as page comes-up automatically instead of the contents of the zip
being displayed and then pressing the F2 key to bring-up the sacve as
page.

You can simply remove those 4 lines in the [glennmcc stuff] section
near the top of mime.cfg and these original lines further down in the
file will now bne used instead.

<snip>

;I will save this with correct extension:

<snip>

application/x-zipped     ZIP
application/zip          ZIP

And yes............ the copy of mime.cfg in the next release will have
those lines near the top commented-out.

I am very sorry for all of the confusion which has been caused by my
[glennmcc stuff] section.

--
 Glenn
 http://www.delorie.com/listserv/mime/