[arachne] Re: A190 DOWNLOAD PROBLEM/IDIOSYNCRACY

  • From: "Eric S. Emerson" <sernemo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 03:57:56 -5000

Hi Brian,
          I'm sorry...I was using an old mime.cfg
file when I wrote that description of "download".
With the current mime.cfg from A190J1 my
download works just like glennmcc described.
Several people on the list have described how
it is supposed to work and that is the way
it is working for all of us....unless....
we have personalized our mime.cfg. glennmcc,
I think, told you how to eliminate the zip
file description in one of his posts to
the list. Make that modification if you
wish.

I think you have a more serious problem.
For some reason you keep sending us the
same messed up copy of the help desk
from VCN. WE did not ask for that.
We asked for you to paste a copy of
the arachne.cfg that is in your working
setup into your e-mail. Also, send
a copy of your mime.cfg file from
your working setup. If your Arachne
is not working as we describe it
should be, then something isn't
right in those files...something
must be messed up. If you are
reading the emails you are sending
us and don't see all the missing
characters in the arachne.cfg file
then I don't know how we are ever going
to get your setup straightened out.
BTW, we need the complete files, not
just what you think is important. You
have been sending only partial files.
Of course, remove any passwords before
sending any files.

Eric

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 22:05:26 -0500, Brian C. Murphy wrote:

> What you described above, Eric, is exactly what happens when I download a

> file using Arachne version 1.70R3, as I did yesterday to verify that
> exactly that happens.

> However, WHENEVER I download a file similarly using A190, the downloaded
> file seldom if ever goes to the DOWNLOAD directory nor using the posted
> name.  Instead it goes to the Cache directory using a name like 123456.zi
> and stays there until I go searching for it off line in cache using Qd,
> view it to find out its real name, and move it to the download directory
> with QD.

>              Arachne at FreeLists
> -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --

-- This mail was written by a user of the Arachne Browser - http://arachne.cz/

Degrees to improve your nursing job
Earn your nursing degree 100% online and jumpstart your career today.
http://tagline.bidsystem.com/fc/BgLEQfI9eTpC8ZgxNYmqQbkbl0GlUDuTXe2U/