[arachne] Re: A190 DOWNLOAD PROBLEM/IDIOSYNCRACY

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 07:59:07 +1030

Somehow the message from Glenn McCorkle didn't arrive here but I
did receive Eric's reply and gathered Glenn's notes from it....

>> application/zip         ZIP>TXT|[300]echo Press F2 now to save the ZIP
>> anywhere you like, with any name you like.>$2\necho .>>$
>> \nunzip -l -v $1>>$2
>> application/x-zip       ZIP>TXT|[300]echo Press F2 now to save the ZIP
>> anywhere you like, with any name you like.>$2\necho .>>$
>> \nunzip -l -v $1>>$2
>> application/x-zipped    ZIP>TXT|[300]echo Press F2 now to save the ZIP
>> anywhere you like, with any name you like.>$2\necho .>>$
>> \nunzip -l -v $1>>$2
>> application/x-zip-compressed ZIP>TXT|[300]echo Press F2 now to save the
>> ZIP anywhere you like, with any name you like.>$2\necho
>> .>>$2\nunzip -l -v $1>>$2

I'm sorry to have to tell you, Glenn, but it doesn't work for me.

I have commented out the equivalent lines in MIME.CFG and added
those you sent (after removing the line breaks) but I don't get
the "Press F2...." message before the listing of the zip file
contents.

As a result of some experimenting, it looks to me like the
display of the contents of the zip file is being done by the
line....
  file/.zip          >TXT|[300]PKUNZIP -v $1>$2

Commenting out that line sends me straight to the "Arachne
doesn't know how to handle this file" screen.

So as an experiment I changed that line to this (line broken only
for posting):

  file/.zip          >TXT|[300]echo Press F2 now to save the ZIP
  anywhere you like, with any name you like.>$2\necho .>>$\nunzip
  -l -v $1>>$2

Entering "file//C:\TEMP\PUSHDIR.ZIP" in the URL (a genuine file),
the screen shows

 Press F2 now to save the ZIP anywhere you like, with any name you like.
 . -l -v C:\TEMP\PUSHDIR.ZIP

A listing of the file contents is NOT displayed.

But pressing F2 and clicking on [Save] does save the file correctly.

.   ,-./\
.  /     \     from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
.  \_,-*_/     "Queen City of The South"    34:55 S  138:36 E
.       v