[arachne] Re: A190 DOWNLOAD PROBLEM/IDIOSYNCRACY

  • From: "Eric S. Emerson" <wildrice5@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 03:02:34 -0500

Hi Brian,
                 I don't know what is happening on your
computer, but when I download a zip, when the
download is finished I get page that has the
downloaded file name in a box with a button
that says SAVE. If I click on the button, without doing
anything else, the downloaded file is saved to
"d:\arachne\download" directory. It couldn't
get any simpler.  If I wish to save the file in
a different directory, I can change the default
destination in the box to the name and/or
directory I want before I click on the save button.
Browsers always save downloaded files to
a cache first. That is the way they work.  Unless
your editor has bungled up some of your Arachne
files then anything could happen.
You wrote:
> It would be still less confusing, Glenn, if f2 simply
>saved the file by its posted name to the download
>directory.
Brian,   That's exactly what happens.....Press F2....
Click on the SAVE button....the downloaded file
goes into the DOWNLOAD directory by default.

Eric