[arachne] Re: Coollist

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:37:44 +1030

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 18:59:15 -0600 (CST), Rob <robo13@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That's odd Greg, I just got a message from
> arachne4dos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Altho Postini held
> it up because it had a virus in it. Maybe
> they're getting hit with lots of virii or
> a virus is loose in their server.

Since postini held it up, it could be an older one.

The messages of mine that were undeliverable were replies to other
messages I had received from arachne4do@xxxxxxxxxxxxx They occurred
several days apart, so there must have been some messages coming through
after my first rejection.

But maybe they were delayed somewhere....

In today's mail there were zero messages at all from
arachne4do@xxxxxxxxxxxx although one of the freelist messages was from
Glenn McCorkle and had been posted to both lists.

The coollist copy just did not arrive.

OTOH there were several messages from another list @coollist.com so
obviously coollist is still working, at least partially.

It just looks like there is a blockage for arachne4dos.

Another oddity is that the list manager for that other list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
was locked out of his manager's access about 12 months ago for no
apparent reason -- it looked like coollist "forgot" his password.

Coollist is a very shaky system, and apparently is running solely on
autopilot. Emails to the various addresses on the site are either
bounced as "server nonexistent" or are never replied to.

But it is free, so while it works I guess we should be grateful.

.   ,-./\
.  /     \     from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
.  \_,-*_/     "Queen City of The South"    34:55 S  138:36 E
.       v