[access-uk] Re: opinions wanted

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 15:54:19 +0100

It would surely be helpful to know what the item for purchase is because it
might be something small like a bumpon which is self-explanatory on how to use
it, remove from adhesive backing and then place on object ensuring that the
object is placed on a clean dry surface, gently pressed on.  Alternatively it
might be something like the Goodman's Remote Control which has a number of
buttons of varying sizes and shapes and arranged in blocks.  I understand all
these buttons are marked so not an issue for a sighted person but search me
*smile*, I have one of these and only someone went through with me this morning
what each button is for and I had an opportunity to practice this, I would
still not have a clue.  Now this person was able to do this remotely with me at
the TV and the volume sufficiently loud so that the person could hear what was
going on.  Now talking of the Goodman's remote control for example, I think
that when we purchase it, there could be a large tactile diagram with the name
in braille or at least the first letter of the name of each button.  This would
be so helpful, like say, M for Menu, E for Exit etc.