[access-uk] Re: THE TOSHIBA SAGA (LONG SO HIT DEL IF YOU WISH) - was Re: Re: GETTING READY AND EXCITED

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 12:36:03 +0000

Well let me just say this. I ordered my Toshiba laptop from dabs.com
with no problem. They asked for both a delivery address and an invoice
address (for card verification reasons of course), and there was no fuss
in delivering the laptop. No signatures, no IDS, nothing. They just
delivered it to my college no problem. So I suggest next time you get a
laptop or whatever look around, and check their terms and conditions
regarding delivery, and, especially, refunds. I hope that helps.
On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 10:22:58 -0000, "roger south"
<roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx> said:
> I've been talking to the Guv'ner who works for a credit card company and
> she
> tells me that there is no restriction on delivery address imposed by
> them.
> In fact the SVP company I buy my CD and DVD material from ask if the
> delivery address is the same as the billing address as do a lot of others
> deal with.
>
> The proof of identity is an Ingram Micro requirement not a credit card
> one.
> If you use the card and all the details are correct with the card not
> reported as stolen or lost they will authorise the expenditure, assuming
> the
> balance will stand it of course. This then means the CC will accept
> liability of payment to the seller. Because of the high value of the
> goods I
> can appreciate the need for proof but the final finger must point to the
> inflexibility of the courier driver. Unfortunately every barrel has a bad
> apple and he was the one in your barrel.
>
> Because we are so close to a major City Link depot I get them delivering
> more than any other courier and have no problems with them at all. They
> place the pen where they want me to sign and if the name is required in
> block capitals they do it for me.
>
> Roger
>
> Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

  Christopher Hallsworth
  chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx