[access-uk] Re: PC and Online games for the VI?

  • From: "Barry Toner" <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 09:33:46 -0000

True,

There is always other things to consider but there?s nothing wrong with
standing up and just saying, ?Ya know what? ?I?m not impressed by what?s on
offer?.  Without being berated or giving a lesson in economics.

Personally I don?t? care how long it takes for a dev to come out with this
or that.  Why?  For the exact same reason none of us care when it?s Screen
Readers up for discussions or the many other adaptive tech we talk about and
complain about low-quality high-price.

This is part of our problem accepting crumbs in the VI community and lack of
consistency in what we will accept and won?t accept.

The gaming areana is no different.  Why can?t a bunch of VI game Devs get
together, form a company and take a gamble?  Chuck a bunch of capital to
high the best devs they can, make an awesome multi-player,
multi-dimensional, online capable game, charge £50 for it and wack in a bit
of DRM to ensure it?s not copied.

This is the only area I would actually support DRM to an extent because it
is a smaller market and it is a market where I believe it would truly hurt
the devs and not just the high rankers pockets for it to be passed from
blink to blink without being paid for.

I?m sorry folks but I refuse to be a hipocrit by saying the poor VI Game
Devs whilst jeering at the other areas of the Adaptive industry.

Barry.