[access-uk] PC and Online games for the VI?

  • From: "Hussein Patwa" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:53:44 -0000

Hi,

It's been forever since I've just been able to sit and enjoy it but when my
sight was better than it is now I was an avid gamer.  Flight Sim, the good
old SimCity Classic and of course the old favourites chess and reversi all
kept me entertained long into the insomnia-riddled nights.

I was wondering if anyone here could bring me up to speed with what's out
there for the blind and partially sighted in terms of accessible gaming.  I
remember when I used to play Grizzly Gulch in high school - I shudder now to
think I thought that was the creme de la creme of gaming.

Any tips much appreciated.  I seriously just need a good long chill out
after the last few rollercoaster months and it's days like today that make
me ask the above.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,