[access-uk] Re: Chip and pin online banking.

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 12:23:20 +0100

Hi Tony
You asked
"Have you asked the BBC, or for that  matter any
other broadcasting organization about this, and if so what did they say.

Well I did have  one success!
Cheryl Gabriel In Touch producer accepted my point about the
Deafblind had  a right to access the programme.
She didn't just  accept the point, she did something about it!
So as far as  In Touch goes  they offer email transcript, hardcopy  Braille
transcript, and there maybe  copy on web not sure.
Not sure about  hardcopy  print either.
I also asked  the  producer for You  and Yours,  but got nowhere on that.

When one considers  total costs of subtitling,  or total costs for
audio description service, it's hard to understand why a transcription
service can't be  on offer.

Regards,
Derek

e-mail: derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx