[access-uk] Re: Chip and pin online banking.

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 12:02:59 +0100

Dave said
"well, frankly, I think we should probably scrap the DDA and all see what
happens then."

I think the problem with DDA  is the wording about "reasonable adjustments"

Everyone will have their own views as to what is,  or isn not, a
"reasonable"
adjustment, and until  there is more case law an organisation can just
opt out  by saying "sorry this isn't a reasonable request"

Part of problem is that if we feel  an organisation has
discriminated against us, we can't take case to court  unless
we are  able to  take the risk  of not winning.
There is no legal aid  for cases like this,  so  a no win means
we face a  court costs bill, plus solicitors bill  if we are
represented,  plus  other sides costs.
Regards,
Derek

e-mail: derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx