[access-uk] Re: Chip and pin online banking.

  • From: "Ankers, Dave \(UK\)" <Dave.Ankers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 11:14:56 +0100

Hi all,

I stated in an earlier email that I was investigating whether or not it
was possible to obtain a USB version of the security fob that provides
the code to my companies online network when working from home.  There
is indeed a USB version available and therefore it should be possible
for the banks to provide its VIP customers with such a device instead of
the standard security fob.  All that should be required then is when to
code has to be input, simply plug in the USB security fob and the code
is read from it, no vision required, simple.  But will the banks have
the foresight to provide such a device to its VIP customers....
=20
Dave

Hi colin and all:

I am waiting for a call from natwest customer care, and will report back
=3D on their response.  I will ask what provision for vi/blind people is
to be provided if the chip machines are inaccesible.  I have also spoken
to =3D the bbc requesting that you and yours and in touch have a look at
this new technology.  With a month until natwest start sending out these
pin pads =3D to their online customers, I feel investigation is fairly
rgent.  I do not dislike the idea of the technology, but accessibility
needs to be considered.