[C] [Wittrs] !!!Re: Re: Metaphysical Versus Mystical

  • From: "jrstern" <jrstern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 20:06:24 -0000

--- In Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@...> wrote:

> 2. On the issue of mathematics being empty when not put in service of
> picturable statements, see:
>
> 6.21 mathematical propositions express no thoughts.

It is very hard (though perhaps not impossible) to square this with his later
work in LFM or RFM.

I have in mind especially RFM on surveyability.

It is even harder to square statements like:

6.1265 It is always possible to construe logic in such a way that every
proposition is its own proof.

... with logic after Godel and Turing.

In fact, as I poke around in the 6's, I see some additional inopportune
statements, that I need to fold into my thoughts about Turing and Wittgenstein.
 Thanks for pointing in this direction.

Josh