[wisb] Madison birding

  • From: Kim Kreitinger <k.kreitinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 11:21:44 -0600

I went for a stroll along the Southwest bike path/arboretum areas
yesterday. Although I didn't have any terribly noteworthy sightings, what
was noteworthy was the amount of bird song I heard. Cardinals, chickadees,
House Finches were all in full song. Downy, Hairy, and Red-bellied
Woodpeckers were drumming and calling. I heard my first Mourning Dove and
Tufted Titmouse songs of the year. Also heard a partial song from a junco.
There was a group of Pine Siskins along the bike path - I have been hearing
them in this same spot for about a month. Also a Bald Eagle flying over
Edgewood College.
Kim Kreitinger
Madison, WI