[wisb] Madison birding

  • From: Kim Kreitinger <k.kreitinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 15:20:29 -0500

I did a bike ride today out to Dunn's Marsh and looped back through the
arboretum. Nice diversity of ducks at the marsh, including BIGBY species
#192 and 193 - Northern Pintail and American Black Duck. A little
embarrassing that it took me so long to see those...Also a few Cackling
Geese, Gadwall, Ringed-neck Ducks, and Hooded Mergansers. I heard the
Carolina Wren in the same place along the Southwest Bikepath on my way out,
and heard another in the woods across from Dunn's Marsh. Only sighting
marginally of note from the arboretum was a small flock of Yellow-rumped
Warblers.

Kim Kreitinger
Madison, WI