[wisb] Buena Vista Grasslands

  • From: "Phillip L. Billings" <plbillings@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 17:17:05 -0500

If you never taken the opportunity to witness the sunrise dance and booming of
the Greater Prairie Chicken, it is certainly worth the drive to Babcock,
Wisconsin in April.  We were lucky enough to have clear morning with an actual
sunrise (rare this month).  We had 8 males 4 female at our blind from 5:45 to
7:15.  The males were very active until shortly after 7 AM when the females
flew off.  Soon after the males determined that the females were not returning
they flew off in a group.
If you would like to view images from this April 12 th morning go to:

http://www.photographyinourtime.com/recent.html

Phillip L. Billings
Oregon, Wisconsin
Dane County