[wisb] Buena Vista Grasslands

  • From: Rob Pendergast <rob121092@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 18:04:46 -0600

I spent the afternoon birding the Buena Vista Grasslands, it felt more like
spring than the middle of January. I had some good birds right off the bat.
On Taft Rd just south of Saddle Sore Rd was a flock of apx. 400 Common
Redpolls, I couldn't detect any Hoary's. There was also a juvenile male
Red-winged Blackbird on Taft Rd 2/5 mile south of Swamp Rd. The bird was
perched in a birch tree along an irrigation ditch on the east side of the
road.
Other notable birds:

11 Rough-legged Hawks

4 Northern Harriers