[wisb] Buena Vista Grasslands

  • From: Ida Baumann <tynida@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 13:36:01 -0400

We met up with the Bay Area Bird Club this morning to find all the birds we
had scouted out on Friday. Successful day! Starting out on Elm Rd. about a
half mile south looking west we had booming PRAIRIE CHICKENS that we were
able to get in the scope for everyone to see the dancing. We had Western
Meadowlarks singing right in front of us. On W between Elm and Timberline
on the south side we had 7 UPLAND SANDPIPERS and Brewer's Blackbirds.
Going north on 130th we found a late flying SHORT-EARED OWL. All along
this road we had BOBOLINKS; CLAY-COLORED, GRASSHOPPER, SAVANNAH, FIELD,
and a great look at HENSLOW'S SPARROWS. Alder Flycatchers & Com.
Yellowthroats sang everywhere . We had 47 species before leaving for White
River Marsh.
Ida & Ty Baumann Madison
Birding in Portage County