[wisb] Bluebirds

  • From: "Lori Inderdahl" <dinderdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 14:42:15 -0500

Spent the morning wandering Horicon Marsh trails.  Saw Canada Geese,
Sandhill Cranes, and 2 Northern Cardinals.  There were lots of Robins,
Grackles and Red-winged Blackbirds.  In one of the "meadowy" areas, there
was a pair of Eastern Bluebirds!  I'm always excited when I see them.  I've
never had one in my yard.

I also saw what I thought were Red-winged Blackbirds in trees but couldn't
see wing bars.  Could it have been Rusty Blackbirds??

In my backyard so far this year, I've had Juncos, Blue Jays, Northern
Cardinals, Mourning Doves, American Crows, American Goldfinches, Grackles,
Robins, House and Tree Sparrows, House Finches, Chickadees, Downy and Hairy
Woodpeckers, Red-bellied Woodpeckers, White-breasted and Rose-breasted
Nuthatches, a Common Redpoll (F), and on Feb. 20th, 2 White-winged
Crossbills.  A group of 9 of them visited a large pine right next to my deck
in August.  They quietly moved up and down the tree working the pinecones.
Never saw them before that.

Lori Inderdahl
Rosendale, FDL Co.