[wisb] Re: Bluebirds

  • From: "Kent" <kentsue@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <net.notes@xxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 12:35:40 -0600

Meredith:

Ann Wick back-channeled me and pointed out that she has had 3rd
nests started in the first week of August as well as in July.  I checked
our records and we also had a single nest started in the first week of
August and it fledged all chicks on September 10.

Hard to say whether chicks from such nests can develop the survival
skills needed prior to migration, however.

Kent Hall
Stevens Point/Portage Co.