[wisb] Bluebirds!!!

  • From: "R & C Dermody" <cdermody@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 09:33:20 -0500

OMG!!!  I had always considered it impossible!  After all, I live in St.
Francis, a suburb of Milwaukee.  However, I am less than a block from
Seminary Woods, WE energies land and a little creek, but there are hoards of
House Sparrows.  I have 2 Bluebird boxes on my little 1/8 acre plot.  I had
my husband block off the entrances after numerous House Sparrows tried to
nest.  He put in smaller holes and for many years I was content to raise
Chickadees and House Wrens.  This morning, I arose to find a MALE BLUEBIRD
CHECKING OUT THE BOX!!!!  I quickly had my husband remove the block.  SO
NOW, YOU BLUEBIRD ENTHUSIASTS WHOM I HAVE IGNORED FOR SO LONG, because it
was impossible!!!  HOW DO I ENCOURAGE THE BLUEBIRDS TO STAY?

Hopefully,

Cathy Dermody, Southeastern Milwaukee County