[windows2000] Re: OT Firewalls

  • From: "Tony Lyne" <Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:08:23 +1300

Possibly, but most firewalls go through the usual certification tests as well.
and Borderware always consistently rates the highest.

geezzz Im sounding like a sales consultant now.

It is one of the lesser known firewalls around, possibly due to its price (its
one of the more expensive ones) but its well worth the $$$. Every single
implementation of BWFWS Ive done have had the clients rave about it. especially
the logging and reporting capabilities (partially because of its working on the
application layer)

I like the Netscreen range especially partial to the 25 series. Great for thin
client because of its QoS features but I still dont rate it in the same league
as a pure hardened firewall as compared to the Borderware products.

Market share in NZ here is quite good. I believe BWFWS is the firewall of
choice here for a most Govt departments.

T.