[windows2000] Re: Changing FTP ports

  • From: "Jon Spriggs" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:44:38 +0100

CopSSH is a point-and-click, including configuring accounts (I wrote some
code for them to help).

I've used it for a couple of customers in the past, and it worked fairly
well.

Rgds,

Jon

On 28/03/07, Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jon Spriggs <> wrote on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 9:47 AM:

Ssh on windows has always been a PITA to install/configure though. CopSSH
that
somebody mentioned, seems promising though. If I have time this weekend
I'll
see if I can get it running. Will report back if I find something
interesting.

> That's another area where using something like WinSCP would help - it
can
> keep directories in "sync", looking for differences and sending only the
> differences. Also SFTP has the ability to compress the data in-transit,
> which may help. The SSHd needs to be configured to allow compression and
> there's a tick box on the WinSCP client to request it as well.
>
> Jon
>

> On 28/03/07, Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>       Ray Costanzo <> wrote on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 4:57 PM:
>
>       Ah, I just ftp up and down with SmartFTP the mp3-repository I have
both at
>       work and home. It goes fairly quick as it just skips files that
are
the
>       same sizes. I guess you need something smarter than SmartFTP for
the
>       comparison-thingie and your forms and stuff; I only transfer files
in
plain
>       vanilla-fashion.
>
>       A few weeks back I lost a hd on the computer I had setup for
storing
my
>       mp3-files at work, it was a raid0 array... Luckily I had the
backup at
>       home. Took me a week and a half to transfer back the music to work
over a
>       1Mbps cable-connection. Asymmetric connections suck...
>

>       > This also answers Sorin's question.
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       > I use Beyond Compare for two things, primarily.  Since it's main
purpose
>       is > to be a file comparison tool, that is what I often use it
as.  We
use
>       it > where I work for code comparisons and generating reports on
code
>       changes. > We also use it to generate code change reports and for
>       incremental code > reviews.
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       > Addtionally, I use it for ftp'ing in order to keep some files in
synch
>       > between work and home.  For example, I use Roboform for
remembering
form
>       > fields in my browsers.  I have a few hundred "passcard" files at
home,
>       but > I don't want to have them all here on my work computer.  So,
when I
>       need > one here at work, I open Beyond Compare and load my
"Roboform
>       session" that > I have setup, and I have a view of my Roboform
files
here
>       at work and the > ones at home and can choose to move,
synchronize,
>       compare, etc. >
>       >
>       >
>       > This also comes in handy for MP3s.  I have all of my MP3s here
at
work,
>       but > I'm also still collecting new ones at home.  So, when I need
the
>       latest of > everything, I open up my Beyond Compare MP3 session
and
look
>       to see what's > new at home and then ftp them in.  Also, as I'm
listening
>       to music, if I > notice a file has incorrect ID3 data, I'll
correct
it.
>       But, since the fles > reside both at home and at work, I'd have to
>       remember to correct the file > at home as well.  But, no, instead
just
>       use Beyond Compare to just synch > up the two locations with the
latest
>       files, and everything's good.  So, > basically I use it as a
briefcase.  :]
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       > Ray at work
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       > From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Spriggs >
windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>       > Subject: [windows2000] Re: Changing FTP ports
>       >
>       >
>       >
>       > Ray,
>       >
>       > Do you mind me asking what you'll be using Beyond Compare for?
Is it
>       > keep your code in-sync or something else?
>       >
>       > Rgds,
>       >
>       > Jon
>       >
>       > On 27/03/07, Ray Costanzo <ray@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>       >
>       > It is (thanks Jon and others!), although sadly, I'm ftp'ing with
Beyond
http://www.scootersoftware.com/
>       >
>       > Ray at work
>       >
I've
seen
http://www.google.com/search?q=copssh
>       <http://www.google.com/search?q=copssh> >>>
>       <http://www.google.com/search?q=copssh > ) and winscp (winscp.net>>>
<
>       http://winscp.net/> ) to provide server and client parts. Or, have
>>>
>       self-signed SSL based protected web directory and use a web form
upload
>       > >
>       >
>       > *****************************
>       > New Site from The Kenzig Group!
>       > Windows Vista Links, list options
>       > and info are available at:
>       > http://www.VistaPop.com
>       > *****************************
>       > To Unsubscribe, set digest or vacation
>       > mode or view archives use the below link.
>       >
>       > http://thethin.net/win2000list.cfm

>       mode or view archives use the below link.
>
>       http://thethin.net/win2000list.cfm

Jon Spriggs LPIC-1 Certified
hackerkey
.com://v4sw6BHUhw5ln3pr5$ck4ma3u7L$w5TUX$m5l7ADFKLRSU$i852Ne5t5BGRSb8AGKMOPTen6a2Xs0Ir5p-
2.88/0g5CMT