[windows2000] Re: Changing FTP ports

  • From: FalconTech <falcontech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:27:36 -1000

Leave the port settings on the PC alone, in other words leave the FTP
port set to 21  on the PC. On your router / firewall open whatever port
you want to use, and set it to "port forward" to port 21 on the PC
behind the firewall / router. Thats how I got people to quit banging on
my open SSH port, I just changed my router / firewall to listen on some
port other than 22 and forward that port to port 22 on the local
network. It works great for me and I haven't had a single login attempt
show up in my logs since.
Jim