[windows2000] Re: Changing FTP ports

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:05:47 +0200

Ray Costanzo <> wrote on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 1:52 PM:

If you use IE to ftp stuff, be sure to set it up to use passive ftp on the
advanced tab. I'd say this is your problem. Had similar error messages as you
pasted below while I had IE use passiv ftp, but the ISP wanted me to use
active...

If you want to use active ftp you need to have port 21 and 22 opened (or some
such). Active ftping is not encouraged to use for security reasons.