[windows2000] Re: Changing FTP ports

  • From: "Ray Costanzo" <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 10:57:17 -0400

This also answers Sorin's question.

I use Beyond Compare for two things, primarily.  Since it's main purpose is
to be a file comparison tool, that is what I often use it as.  We use it
where I work for code comparisons and generating reports on code changes.
We also use it to generate code change reports and for incremental code
reviews.

Addtionally, I use it for ftp'ing in order to keep some files in synch
between work and home.  For example, I use Roboform for remembering form
fields in my browsers.  I have a few hundred "passcard" files at home, but I
don't want to have them all here on my work computer.  So, when I need one
here at work, I open Beyond Compare and load my "Roboform session" that I
have setup, and I have a view of my Roboform files here at work and the ones
at home and can choose to move, synchronize, compare, etc.

This also comes in handy for MP3s.  I have all of my MP3s here at work, but
I'm also still collecting new ones at home.  So, when I need the latest of
everything, I open up my Beyond Compare MP3 session and look to see what's
new at home and then ftp them in.  Also, as I'm listening to music, if I
notice a file has incorrect ID3 data, I'll correct it.  But, since the fles
reside both at home and at work, I'd have to remember to correct the file at
home as well.  But, no, instead I just use Beyond Compare to just synch up
the two locations with the latest files, and everything's good.  So,
basically I use it as a briefcase.  :]

Ray at work