[wdmaudiodev] Re: Need help in Wave Test

  • From: Eugene Muzychenko <eugene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 23:59:26 +0700

Hello,

>     pin position pos2.playoffset = 5494 , pos1.playOffset = 5715
>     pin position pos2.playoffset = 5715 , pos1.playOffset = 5936
>     pin position pos2.playoffset = 5936 , pos1.playOffset = 6290
>     pos1.PlayOffset < pPin->m_cbStreamData

This error is shown for my Virtual Audio Cable driver and VMware
VMAudio 5.10.0.3502 (tested under Win7 SP1 x64). Not 100% reproducible
but occurs often. WLK 8.0 and 8.1 is affected.

Looking on my driver logs, I see repeating KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_POSITION
requests sent from a non-paused loop (only several microseconds between
consecutive requests). These requests are sent until a submitted
buffer is finished but wavetest stops displaying position messages in
its log suddenly. After the buffer is finished, wavetest displays
"pos1.PlayOffset < pPin->m_cbStreamData" error message.

My driver can either completely process KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_POSITION
requests itself or let them to be processed by PortCls via
IMiniportWavePciStream::GetPosition call. The problem can be
reproduced in both modes.

I was unable to reproduce this problem with MSVAD and VB-Audio virtual
driver. Most probably, there is a kind of race conditions in wavetest.

Regards,
Eugene