[wdmaudiodev] AVStream minidriver Capture stream fails WASAPI Exclusive-mode Stream

  • From: "Dale Hill" <daleh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 10:13:38 -0600

All:

We are unable to access capture streams using a WASAPI application in
exclusive-mode.

We've developed a virtual audio driver based on the AVStream mini-driver
model. It's been around for awhile and at this point works pretty well.
Recently however we've been trying to access capture streams using a WASAPI
application in exclusive-mode (AUDCLNT_SHAREMODE_EXCLUSIVE). This seems to
work just fine on 32-bit Windows 7 but on 64-bit Windows 7,
IsFormatSupported fails with error AUDCLNT_E_UNSUPPORTED_FORMAT
(0x88890008).

A few things worth noting:

IsFormatSupported() works fine on 64-bit Windows 7 when ShareMode is set to
AUDCLNT_SHAREMODE_SHARED.

The driver only supports one format: 48KHz, 24bit, PCM.

We're working with 64-bit Windows 7, SP1.

I don't believe that the driver has anything to do with enable
exclusive-mode. Could someone please confirm that - one way or another?

Does anyone have any ideas or information on this?

Thanks in advance.