(VICT) Re: questions from a friend about her guide dog

  • From: "DIANNE B. PHELPS AND PRIMROSE" <d.bphelps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 13:06:48 -0800

dy,

You are all making sense to me. In this case, I would only see this as a
short-term method to get a message across. I personally, won't ever stay
working with a dog whose pace is uncontrollable for me because of my balance
issues. My current dog is a bit slower than Primrose, but truly, we are
working at a much more effective pace for my poor old messed up body.
Hibiscus can be perky too, but even at her most spirited pace, it doesn't
overwhelm me. Having said all that, do remember that I am still receiving my
dogs from GDB who looks for the best match for me and hit it right on the
nail this time.

Dianne, Hibiscus, and Primrose