[uae] Re: E-UAE - Debian fullscreen troubles

  • From: "Arnljot Arntsen" <arnljot@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 02:32:23 +0200

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:14 PM, Andrew 'Truck' Holland <truck@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

One thing I would suggest to begin debugging this is to go into the startup
> sequence, and user-startup, and change all items that are being redirected
> away from 'debug output' so they actually show debug output.  Ok, sure,
> you're going to have some intuition warnings, but this may actually help
> more.

Do you have any particular canditates in mind? I've read through
Startup-Sequence, AmiKit-StartOS, AmiKit-Startup and User-Startup. But only
the usual suspects turned out, like iPrefs and loading monitor drivers.

I think you are right to suspect the boot sequence of AmiKit, since F12+s
works for a while until something is loaded during boot.

I, myself, found that the 'cat' loading screen was more hurtful than helpful
> in this boot process.

Yes, it's nice eyecandy only :) But we're suckers for it :)

> As for the rest, you may want to look at your P96 settings and see what it
> is determining to be your available screenmodes.  I have seen that start out
> very goofy moving hardfiles between machines.

In ScreenMode prefs I have the usual uaegfx modes that I'd expect to have.
And I can test them all, only - since I'm already booted I can't swap
between linux and e-uae. Only change modes inside e-uae.

> (oh, and another thing, if you can say HOW you installed amikit, it may
> help... and I think the amikit author may be able to provide some insight
> too, he was helpful when I was trying to get this working (not only on e-uae
> but also on my morphos box.))

I will post on the AmiKit forum too. I installed E-uae using the unofficial
deb package on ubuntu hardy heron. I installed AmiKit by the install
procedure on the AmiKit pages, using an AmigaOS3.9 CD as source (I've copied
both my OS3.9 and AmigaForever 2006 CD to my drive).

So debug or other output from the uae or uae-sdl binary isn't what will
unlock this mystery?

Thanks for you help! :) I hope I get to the bottom of this, because I want
to work on both my linux and amiga at the same time (cross compiling and
testing...).

Arnljot Arntsen
www.arnljot.com