[uae] Re: E-UAE - Debian fullscreen troubles

  • From: "Arnljot Arntsen" <arnljot@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 21:51:08 +0200

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 8:19 AM, Andrew 'Truck' Holland <truck@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Oh, there was an odd squirrelscsi driver load line in mine, and I don't
> have any squirrelscsi devices.  If that's there, or any other drivers, knock
> them out (for now.)

There is no squirrelscsi in C, so I consider that one an unneeded it test.
But not costly.

> Surely you can, by going back and forth to windowed mode via F12+s ?  (or
> F11+s, I forget anymore; osX is one thing, I have a build for morphos that
> doesn't use the function keys...)

It's F12+s. And no, that's my whole problem. When I F12+s on Ubuntu it tries
to switch. And almost makes it.
It is fullscreen for a full second or so. But then it goes back to windowed
mode. And then I won't have mouse access until I press F12+s again. Then it
releases the mouse to the window I've been having all the time (except for
the full second of fullscreen bliss).

> Yeah, I installed with AmigaForever 2006 as well, and it was not really
> that great (didn't detect it properly... and os3.9 didn't work at all, had
> to use 3.5)
>
> I _hope_ he has fixed some things in the installer.

Hm, under windows with WinUAE AF2006 was no problem for me, just like with
OS3.9 on E-UAE and Ubuntu.

> Hmm, speaking of that.  Have you updated the various items using the net
> updater?  Some of those items fix some bugs.  (and, well, introduce others.)

Yes, I did. I haven't used it enough yet to detect any other problems than
F12+s, since it really prevents me from getting the most out of it, and
using it.

It's almost making me consider swapping back to WinXP as the host OS...

> > So debug or other output from the uae or uae-sdl binary isn't what will
> > unlock this mystery?
>

> Oh no, it's an "Amiga" inside there, it's not going to know that it's not
> connected to real equipment (in most cases.)  So you're stuck with things
> like snoopdos (:

Ah, yes... But determening F12+s and if it's windowed mode or fullscreen
surely is the duty of E-UAE? That's why I'm asking :)

> It works quite well for that (:  (tho I tend to mount an ftp drive back to
> the amiga from localhost, while that is a kludge for git/svn, it is a decent
> kludge (:  )

Ah, I have a shared drive. And it works okay with SambaFS at least from my
real A4000 with OS3.9. But I have to move from one chair to another... ;-P

--
Arnljot Arntsen
www.arnljot.com